1. Development Application (Application assessed by Council)
• Pre lodgement enquiries with Council. 
• Development application lodged and fees paid to Council. 
• Proposed application is advertised and adjoining property owners notified. 
• Council conducts a site inspection to assess the impact of the proposed development. 
• Application is assessed taking any submissions received into consideration. 
• If the application is satisfactory, Council will issue development consent subject to conditions. (it is important to read and follow the conditions in the consent, they are legal requirements)

2. Construction Certificate (Issued by Council or an accredited certifier)
 Application for construction certificate is made from either Council or an accredited certifier. 
 Council or the accredited certifier checks that the plans and specifications for the development proposal will comply with the relevant conditions of the consent and applicable standards including the Building Code of Australia. 
 If satisfactory, the certifier will issue a construction certificate and, where appropriate, a fire safety schedule.

3. Appoint Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)
• Before any work commences a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) must be appointed – this can be either Council or an accredited certifier. 
• Confirm what work will be done, fees and any other requirements. 
• Notifiy Council two (2) days before work begins.

4. Building Work Begins (Work begins in accordance with the development consent)
• Work begins in accordance with the development consent, including any conditions (eg sediment control), and the construction certificate. 
• The PCA to determine inspection stages. 
• The builder advises the PCA during stages of work to allow the required inspections.

5. Occupation Certificate (Completion of works)
• After the works are concluded satisfactorily and a fire safety certificate is provided (if required). The PCA will issue the occupation certificate.

Share by: